Events & Development Coordinator
Looking for a fun and engaging job that makes a difference in the lives of animals and people? Colorado Animal Rescue is searching for an outstanding Events & Development Coordinator to join our team.
Working for Colorado Animal Rescue (C.A.R.E.) provides an opportunity to not only cuddle a shelter pet EVERY work day, but to engage your own creativity, skill, and passion to support their well being and journey to a forever home. C.A.R.E. is passionate about connecting pets to their people and in turn, enriching the lives of pet owners. By providing housing, nutrition, and enrichment to stray and homeless pets, we serve an essential role in our community. To support pet owners through the life of their pet, we offer comprehensive community programs and resources for all. C.A.R.E. is part of the Socially Conscious Animal Sheltering Community.
The Events & Development Coordinator is tasked with the planning, implementation, and overall success of the organization’s fundraising initiatives and full event calendar. This role works closely with the Executive Director, Leadership Team, Animal Care Team, and the Board of Directors.
Ideal candidates for this position will be outgoing, team oriented, and will have experience with (or proficiency in) written communication, event planning, marketing, fundraising, constituent relationships, and community engagement. A bachelor’s degree is preferred, but relevant work experience will be considered.
- Community & Fundraising Events
- Schedule, plan, advertise, host, and report on all community outreach and fundraising events
- Serve as the main point of contact and knowledgeable representative of the organization
- Ensure all events are well organized, marketed, and executed
- Work closely with event sponsors, volunteers, and C.A.R.E. leadership, acknowledging and thanking everyone involved in event success
- Donor Relationships
- Utilize established CRM database to record and acknowledge all incoming donations
- Maintain donor relationships through personalized communication, planned fundraising campaigns, and scheduled outreach
- Identify new donor segments and opportunities to increase fulfill the organizations funding needs
- Marketing & Communication
- Ensure all event and fundraising collateral, campaigns, newsletters, and related social media and web presence are creative, refined, effective, and representative of C.A.R.E.’s brand standards, mission, and values
- Grant Writing
- Research and identify new grant funding opportunities
- Track grant applications, awards, and follow up reporting
- Collaborate with C.A.R.E. leadership and B.O.D. to complete and submit new and ongoing grant applications
The Events & Development Coordinator is a full-time position based in Glenwood Springs, CO. The position includes optional enrollment in group health insurance (80%/20% shared funding), vision insurance, life insurance, paid vacation time, and 4 1/2 day work week.
Pay Range: $44,000 – $52,000 annually D.O.E.
To apply, please send a letter of interest and résumé to: