Working closely with our Lead Veterinary Technician, medical team members assists in daily veterinary care of all shelter pets. From intake exams, vaccinations, and daily medication to surgery prep and assistance, this role is dynamic. Depending on availability, additional responsibilities may include further involvement with animal care and enrichment as well as assisting with adoption and intake of shelter pets.
Full or Part-time hours are available and all animal lovers with a passion for veterinary care are encouraged to apply. Starting pay for this role is $18-$21/hr depending on experience. *See below to apply
*To become a part of our fun, hardworking team, send a letter of interest and resume to [email protected].
Please share the role(s) that interests you most and your preference for full-time (36-40 hrs/wk) or part time (16-36 hrs/wk) scheduling.
Working at the shelter is a highly rewarding job that makes a difference in the lives of people and homeless pets in our community. A typical day at the shelter for all employees may include:
- Joining in daily care, nutrition, enrichment, and placement of dogs, cats, and other shelter pets
- Maintaining a safe and clean environment
- Welcoming adopters, pet owners, and visitors through positive in-person, telephone, and email interactions
- Reviewing adoption surveys to match adopters with a pet waiting for a home
- Designing and posting social media to spotlight C.A.R.E.—s adoptable pets
- Helping reunite a lost pet with their family
Ideal candidates for our team are:
- Outgoing and team-oriented
- Compassionate and understanding with great communication skills
- Animal lovers and advocates
- Great multi-taskers who enjoy variety in their day
- Available to work at least one weekend day
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English), preferred not required