Working at the shelter is a highly rewarding job that makes a difference in the lives of people and homeless pets in our community.
A typical day for all employees working at the shelter may include:
- Joining in daily care, nutrition, enrichment, and placement of dogs, cats, and other shelter pets
- Maintaining a safe and clean environment
- Welcoming adopters, pet owners, and visitors through positive in-person, telephone, and email interactions
- Reviewing adoption surveys to match adopters with a pet waiting for a home
- Designing and posting social media to spotlight C.A.R.E.—s adoptable pets
- Helping reunite a lost pet with their family
Ideal candidates for our team are:
- Outgoing and team-oriented
- Compassionate and understanding with great communication skills
- Animal lovers and advocates
- Great multi-taskers who enjoy variety in their day
- Available to work at least one weekend day
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English), preferred not required
Work Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Work is performed within an office or animal kennel setting. Handle and restrain animals of various sizes, weights, and temperaments. Subject to animal bites or scratches. Work performed in high noise level areas. Exposure to cleaning chemicals, fumes, dust, animal dander, and feces. Physical efforts require constant bending, stooping, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, and walking. Frequent lifting of animals and objects with reasonable accommodation.
Current Available Positions:
Adoption & Intake Coordinator
With a focus on customer service, our Adoption & Intake Coordinators are the first point of contact for visitors to the shelter. This team oversees pet adoptions, animal intakes, stray animal care, and supports all C.A.R.E. customers with program and service support.
Dog Team & Animal Care Specialist
Our Dog Team employees work as a team to care for our canine shelter population. They’re engaged in feeding, cleaning, enrichment, training, play groups, marketing, and introducing pets to their people. If you love dogs, this is the place for you!
To become a part of our fun, hardworking team, send a letter of interest and resume to [email protected]. Please share the role(s) that interests you most and your preference for full-time (36-40 hrs/wk) or part time (16-36 hrs/wk) scheduling.
Our starting hourly pay range is $16.00 – $20.00 an hour and is dependent on job description and relevant work experience. Full-time positions include paid vacation time & eligibility for health insurance. Reliable transportation and weekend scheduling is required for these positions.