GENERAL FOSTER QUESTIONS
For general foster questions and/or if you need additional supplies:
- Email [email protected]
- Tues. & Thur. – Sat. 11am – 5pm, call the shelter at 970-947-9173 and ask for Sam
MEDICAL CONCERNS AND EMERGENCIES
Most medical concerns can be managed by C.A.R.E. veterinary staff, especially when caught early through your monitoring of the animals.
For all medical concerns and emergencies, 7 days a week:
- Email vet team, via [email protected] AND cc [email protected].
- When emailing regarding health concerns, please attach photos of abnormal stool, urine, vomit, ocular/nasal discharge, strange behavior, etc.
- During C.A.R.E. business hours: Tues-Sat. 11am – 5:00pm and Sun. 11am – 3:00pm, veterinary staff members can be reached via phone at 970-947-9173.
The following are medical emergencies requiring immediate attention. As a foster you have permission to take C.A.R.E. animals to the nearest emergency vet if onset of the symptoms below were to occur after-hours or over a weekend. In these instances C.A.R.E. will pay for veterinary treatment.
- Constipation or straining to urinate, paired with vocalization
- Repeated vomiting coupled with diarrhea
- Lethargy/weakness – seems sleepy all the time
- Bleeding from any part of the body
- Coughing, wheezing, or labored breathing
- Extreme change in attitude or behavior
- Temperature too low (below 98ºF) or too high (above 104ºF)