Along with training the animals at Colorado Animal Rescue. C.A.R.E. also offers Dog Basic Manners Training and Puppy Manners Classes throughout the year as well as annual grumpy growls, scent work classes, agility, K9 Parkour, Canine Good Citizen, and fearful fido classes. We believe in cultivating positive, life-long relationships with dogs using motivational, reward based training. C.A.R.E.’s trained and certified professional dog trainers use scientific progressive learning principles that lead to happy humans and happy, healthy dogs. We believe that by building a relationship founded on trust and friendship, dogs and their humans can live harmoniously together. Learn more here about our head trainer and behavior manager Charissa Carvell KPA-CTP, CPDT-KA, Low Stress certified handler, AKC CGC Evaluator.
Animals From C.A.R.E. Receive 2 Free private training sessions, one Free welcome home class, or 50% off a Group Class.
Level 1 Classes:
- Basic Manners Class begins 6 week class in October.
- Drop In Puppy Class is Tuesday’s at 5:15p.m. $25/week Sign Up Here
- Fearful Fido: Shy and Shut Down $150/6 week class
- Grumpy Growlers: Leash Reactivity Starts Sept. 30th at 6pm $150/6 week class Sign Up Here
Level 2 Classes:
- Door Dashers Anonymous: Recall for all Occasions $125/5 week class
- Walk with Me Please: Loose Leash Walking $125/5 week class
- It’s not all about Food: Toy Skills $125/5 week class
Level 3 Classes:
- Canine Good Citizen Prep Class $150/5 week class
- Cooperative Care Class $150/6 week class
Fun and Games Classes:
- Level 1 Scent Games $150/6 week class
- Urban Agility: K9 Parkour $150/6 week class
- Drop in Scent Games for Advanced Practice $25/week
- Drop in Puppy Play Group for puppies 8 weeks-16 weeks Monday’s at 2pm FREE Sign Up Here
Behavior modification private lessons: $150 initial consultation (1 hour and 15 minutes) $125 follow up sessions (typically 1 hour sessions)
Some dogs face bigger challenges than just basic manners. Common behavior challenges include reactivity or aggression towards dogs or people, fear and noise phobias, separation anxiety, resource guarding, and more.
These private lessons give you and your dog one-on-one attention focusing specifically on the steps of behavior modification for your dog’s unique behavior challenges.
FOLLOW-UP LESSON PACKAGES:
3 Hours for $355
5 Hours for $560
7 Hours for $740
- Do you have questions about what would be the perfect fit for your dog? Email Charissa at Charissa@coloradoanimalrescue.org
“This review is long overdue, Charissa is amazing!! I started taking my dog here shortly after I rescued him and he had some pretty severe behavior issues like fear. She went above and beyond with working with my dog to help him overcome those issues. I can’t recommend her enough for any and all dog training.”
– Amelia with Cooper
Help the animals in our care by donating to the shelter! Your gift, no matter how big or small, will improve the lives of homeless & abandoned animals within our community and beyond. Thanks so much for your support!