COVID-19 and C.A.R.E.
Colorado Animal Rescue is committed to excellent care of our current shelter pets, addressing the needs of our community’s stray & homeless pets, and to serving as a resource for the pet owning public during this challenging time.
Colorado Animal Rescue remains open during normal business hours. We have many resident pets looking for their forever homes and will provide every opportunity for them to be adopted.
In effort to minimize exposure to illness, Colorado Animal Rescue has implemented the following restrictions on visitation to the shelter:
- Customer visitation is limited to potential adopters, stray animal intake and reclaim, those needing to relinquish a pet, and other scheduled appointments as deemed necessary.
- Adoptions, animal intake and animal meet and greets are now all by appointment only from 11:00-4:00 Tuesday – Sunday.
- Visits to the shelter are limited to groups of no more than 2 individuals.
- Please bring and wear a face covering or mask while inside of the building.
- All group visits & school tours are suspended until further notice.
- C.A.R.E will be making an effort to conduct animal introductions and follow up conversation OUTSIDE of the building. 🌞
- Please be advised that we may ask visitors to wait outside as we finish up with other customers.
- At this time volunteer participation is mainly limited to our Day Hike With A Dog and Foster Care Programs. Please email [email protected] for more information.
As of 6/8/20 we have reinstated Dog and Cat TLC/Enrichment shifts in a very limited capacity. This is Phase 1 of our Volunteer Reintroduction Protocol. At this time the shifts are open to a small number of volunteers given our small animal population, but we plan to open it up to more helpers as we feel it’s safe to do so. Please email [email protected] for more details.
As of 7/1/20 we are accepting a very limited amount of court ordered Community Service assistance on an as-needed basis. If you have court ordered community service hours to complete, please email [email protected] to learn availability.
In addition, Colorado Animal Rescue has implemented increased cleaning and sanitation protocols, following CDC guidelines, to help protect our staff and visitors. All door handles, hard surfaces, bathroom fixtures, telephones, and computers are being cleaned multiple times throughout the day. Our staff is practicing social distancing and has been instructed to stay home if exhibiting any symptoms of illness.
At this time, we’re able to provide plenty of love and care for our resident animals here at the shelter, but we are always in need of foster new foster homes for adult dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens. If you’re interested in helping in this capacity, and aren’t in our current database, please fill out a foster application here.
Other ways to help:
As our community is strained by the barriers and limitations of COVID-19, please encourage friends and family to connect with us if they are in need of help with their pet. We are certain that with our community’s level of compassion for animals, available resources, and a strong commitment to the well being of animals, no pet will suffer needlessly during this time.
We always appreciate and make use of donations such as unopened pet food, treats, and pet bedding. If you’d like to make a monetary contribution towards the care of shelter pets, please do so here.